Monday, 22 June 2015

Gone Fishin'


I've wanted to draw a whale for quite awhile now but I just never had any ideas in my head that I liked. I knew I wanted to have the whale take up a huge amount of space on image (for obvious reasons) but that was all I was certain of. In the end, I concentrated on the colours and composition to convey my concept of opposing elements; warm vs cool, above vs. below, known vs. unknown, big vs. small etc. To further push this idea, I went with (varying hues of) blue and orange as the only two colours in the image; blue and orange, of course, being complementary colours on the colour wheel.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic. Beautiful and terrifying in one thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it!

      Delete