Tuesday, 21 July 2015

The Herd


Hello friends,
This post is a bit longer than my usual one so I hope you bear with me. 
As I was collecting reference for this illustration, I (perhaps, inevitably) came across some awful, awful images depicting the evils of poaching. I started thinking about a news story my wife told me about a few months ago in which a number of kidnapped baby elephants unfortunately died. I then proceeded to do some further reading and was left feeling sad and angry. It is heartbreaking and cruel what happens to these animals. 
So this is what I want to do. It's not much but anything helps. I have made 11"x17" prints of this piece available for purchase. They are $20 CAN and currently hovering around $16 USD. I will donate 100% of the money I make from online orders of this print between now and December 31, 2015 to the International Anti-Poaching Foundation also known as the IAPF (this excludes the shipping and handling fee of $10.50). You can buy the prints here 
If you aren't interested in the print but are still interested in donating or just finding out more, you can visit the IAPF site here 
I never recommend you blindly donate to an organization before reading up on them a little bit so please look into them for yourself first. There are also other organizations that you may feel better about so check them all out.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment