Saturday, 27 February 2016

Rocky vs. Apollo


Last month, I marathoned through all 6 Rocky movies on Netflix and then went out and saw Creed (great movie, by the way). It inspired me to whip up a new fight poster for the original movie, which still stands as my favourite one. Stallone's build here is more in line with how he looked in the third movie but I didn't think it would be an issue.

All the fight information here is pretty much lifted from the movie so other than a minimal amount of research,  I didn't really have to think anything up in this. Also, it might be too small to read here but the tiny line of print above the date is a reference to Shamrock Meats Inc.; the place where  Rocky's brother-in-law worked and where the famous scene in which Rocky boxes the beef slabs hanging off the hooks took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment